Bhuvan which means Earth in English language is an Indian satellite mapping tool which is a virtual globe, map and geographical information program. The Indian satellite mapping tool Bhuvan acts similar to Google Earth and Wikimapia.
This satellite mapping tool was developed by ISRO in the year of 2009. This satellite mapping tool which offers resolution up to 5.8 meters works only for the Indian Region. Bhuvan is a web-based 3-D satellite imagery tool.
Fact files of Bhuvan Software Application tool
* It was developed and design by ISRO.
* Its first version was released in the Aug month of 2009.
* This mapping tool is supported by the Windows and Linux operating systems.
* This software application tool is available in English language only.
* It is only available in Indian region.
* This application tool resolution works up to 5.8 meters.
* This tool licence is freeware.
* Bhuvan is based on TerraExplorer software, a product of Skyline Software Systems.
* In Bhuvan user can see the 2D and 3D image data along with rich thematic information.
* Bhuvan is best suited for the weather information.
* Snapshot facility is available in Bhuvan.